Claiming Universal Credit
Applications to claim Universal Credit must be completed online. If you do not have internet access, there is a list of supported and non-supported access points at the bottom of this page.
Please note that your session will time out if you're inactive for more than 20 minutes, so it's important that you have everything ready before you make your claim. You will need:
- Your postcode
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your email address
- Details of the account you want your claim paid into (i.e. your account number and your bank/building society's sort code)
- Your landlord details (East Lothian Housing Association, 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 3JL)
- Your monthly rent and any service charge you pay. You can find this on the rent increase letter we send you at the end of February each year. You can find a copy of this letter saved in your 'My Rent' folder in My Home, or you can call us on 01620 825032.
- Your Tenancy Agreement
- Information on any earnings from work
- Information on any savings or other capital
- Information about any non-work income
- Your current benefit details
- Names and dates of birth of any children who live with you. If you receive Child Benefit for these children, you will need to have your Child Benefit number
- Names and dates of birth of any other adults who live with you
If you are sucessful, you will normally receive your payment around 6 weeks after making your claim.