Claiming Universal Credit
Universal Credit must be claimed online. If you do not have internet access, there is a list of supported and non-supported access points at the bottom of this page.
Please note that your session will time out if you're inactive for more than 20 minutes, so it's important that you have everything ready before you make your claim. You will need:
- Your postcode
- Your National Insurance Number
- Details of the account you want your claim paid into (i.e. your account number and your bank/building society's sort code)
- Your Tenancy Agreement
- Information on any savings or other capital
- Information about any non-work income
- Your current benefit details
- Child Benefit Numbers for any children who live with you, and for whom you receive Child Benefit
- Information about any other adults who live with you
If you are sucessful, you will normally receive your payment around 6 weeks after making your claim.