Tenant Improvements

To apply to make an alteration or improvement to your home, please go to My Home.

Login to My Home

If you make an improvement to your home, you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy provided you have obtained our written permission for the improvements.

For example, if you get permission to fit a new kitchen or bathroom, we would pay you, taking into consideration the initial cost of the improvement and depreciation (the length of time the improvements have been fitted) when your tenancy ends.

Below is a list of improvements covered by the Right to Compensation for Improvement Scheme.

  • Bath or shower
  • Sound insulation
  • Wash hand basin
  • Toilet
  • Kitchen sink (including base unit)
  • Storage cupboard in bathroom/kitchen
  • Worktops
  • Space/water heating
  • Thermostatic radiator valves
  • Insulation of pipes, water tank or cylinder
  • Loft insulation
  • Cavity wall insulation
  • Draught proofing of external doors/windows
  • Double glazing/other window replacement/secondary glazing
  • Installation of mechanical ventilation in bathrooms
  • Rewiring/provision of power and lighting/other electrical improvements (including mains wired smoke detectors)
  • Security measures, excluding burglar alarm systems

Please remember you must get our permission before carrying out any alterations or improvements. If you are considering making an improvement to your property, please contact our Asset Management Department to discuss this, or download and fill in the application form below.

We will only pay for alterations that have been approved and carried out to an acceptable standard.

Find out more in the Right to Compensation leaflet