A guide to what needs to be completed before handing the keys back.
- All rooms and cupboards should be cleared of personal belongings and swept
- All woodwork, e.g. doors, skirtings and window sills should be clean
- Electric socket covers should be clean
- Kitchen units should be emptied and all surfaces clean
- Sanitary ware should be clean
- All windows should be left clean inside and out
- Nothing should be left in the loft or anywhere else in the property
- The house should be left in good decorative order.
- Paintwork should be clean and well applied.
- Torn or marked wallpaper should be replaced.
- Tiles should be clean.
- Fixtures and fittings
- Fixtures and fittings installed by the tenant without our permission should be removed (if you are unsure about permission, please ask us)
- Missing fixtures and fittings should be replaced
- Damaged fixtures should be replaced
- All floor coverings should be removed
- Gardens should be tidy and free of rubbish, any grass and overgrown shrubs should be cut back and borders weeded. Sheds and any other outbuildings should normally be removed
- Please don’t leave any debt on the gas or electric prepayment meters
- All key or payment cards for the meters should be left in the property
- Please return all keys, including door entry keys and key fobs to us by the agreed date