If you, or someone in your household, is disabled or less able to manage personal and domestic tasks, then equipment or an adaptation might help you.

An adaptation is usually an alteration to your home such as a ramp to your front door or a walk-in shower. Equipment can be items such as grab rails or external handrails. We are able to access grant funding if you require adaptations. We can only access this funding if we receive a report from an Occupational Therapist stating that this adaptation is necessary.

If you think that you would benefit from some equipment or an adaptation you should approach your Social Work office or Occupational Therapist who will assess your needs. Please contact us or use the live help feature for advice if you think you may qualify, or contact East Lothian Council's Access Team direct on 08456 031576.

Please note that this service is not the same as the service provided by East Lothian Care & Repair, which provides a similar service for people who own their own homes or who live in private rented accommodation.