Dealing With Anti-Social Behaviour

If you are having a problem with a neighbour we would hope that you could speak to them first and try to resolve the problem.  If you can’t sort it out or you think that it is too serious for you to deal with on your own, you should contact your Housing Officer.

If your neighbour is a tenant of ours there are a number of ways your Housing Officer can deal with the problem:

  • Visit both parties to discuss the problem and hopefully sort it out
  • Arrange mediation if you and your neighbour are agreeable
  • Speak to other organisations which might be able to help you, for example the Police or Social Work
  • As a last resort, take legal action against the tenant if they are in breach of their tenancy agreement

We work in partnership with East Lothian Council, Police Scotland and other local agencies to prevent and tackle anti-social behaviour.  If you are being affected by anti-social behaviour you can report it though the My Home complaint form, contact us directly, or go through the Anti-Social Behaviour Helpline, run by East Lothian Council, on 0845 601 8518 or by email at  

Please note that we cannot investigate criminal behaviour - this must be dealt with by the Police. 

Download anti-social complaint record

Read our anti-social behavour policy 

Read the East Lothian anti-social behaviour partnership policy