Security of your Tenancy
Your Scottish Secure Tenancy agreement can only be ended in one of the following ways:
- By you giving us four weeks notice, in writing, that you intend to end your tenancy
- By written agreement between you and us
- By us taking court action for a decree to evict you
- By us taking back the house if you abandon it
- By your death where there is no-one who qualifies who wishes to succeed to the tenancy. Find out more about succession.
- By us changing your tenancy to a Short Scottish Secure tenancy if an Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) is made against you.
We cannot evict you unless a Sheriff is satisfied that it is reasonable for us to do so.
We can take legal action against you if you harass someone living in or visiting the area.
You could lose your home if we find out after you move in that you gave false information in your housing application. If we take legal action against you, other residents (for example, lodgers) have the right to be heard in any legal action.