We've one new available property in Musselburgh this week and Homes for Life are also advertising a Haddington... See more
Right to Repair
The Right to Repair Scheme was introduced by the Government to make sure that all Housing Association tenants throughout Scotland receive a good repairs service for important repairs.
If a qualifying repair is not attended to within a set response time, we must pay you compensation for the inconvenience. You also have the right to appoint an alternate contactor carry out the repair and we pay the costs, but first we will double check with the initial contractor as to why they did not complete the work.
Qualifying repairs covered by the Right to Repair Scheme include:
- Blocked flue to a boiler or open fire
- Blocked/leaking foul drain, soil stack or toilet pan (when there is only one toilet in the house)
- Blocked sink, bath or drain
- Toilet not flushing (When there is only one toilet in the house)
- Significant leaks or floods from water or heating pipes, tanks or cisterns
- Total or partial loss of water supply
- Total or partial loss of electricity supply
- Unsafe power or light sockets or electrical fittings
Total or partial loss of gas
- Total or partial loss of space or water heating (when there is no alternative heating available)
- Insecure external window door or lock
- Loose or detached bannister or handrail
- Unsafe timber flooring or stair treads
- Mechanical extractor fan in kitchen or bathroom not working (when the room has no window)
These are repairs to the value of £350.
When you report a repair we will tell you if it comes under this scheme. If it does you will be told the maximum time we have to complete the repair, the name of the contractor and what action you can take if the repair is not carried out.
Please note that if the contractor cannot gain access to your home at the arranged time, your right to repair will be cancelled. You will then have to re-apply and start the process again.
- Gas Repairs - R3 Repairs
- All other Repairs - East Lothian Council