We've one new available property in Musselburgh this week and Homes for Life are also advertising a Haddington... See more
Our Community Kitchen
Housing Manager, Claire McMillan and Housing Officer, Ian Riding, popped into Our Community Kitchen at the Haddington Bowling Club before the festive break, to learn more about the Kitchen and sample a delicious lunch.
Our Community Kitchen exists to reduce isolation for people of all ages and abilities in three ways:
- Bringing people together around a large table for a fresh, nutritious, home-cooked meal. They serve a two course meal of a main and a pudding Tuesday to Friday from 11:30am to 1.00pm.
- Growing food in the community garden in the nearby Meadow Park School playground. Their Garden co-ordinator, Helen, will be happy to meet people interested in participating. The garden is open for anyone to pop in for a visit on Friday afternoons.
- Organising fun activities such as:
- A Friday walking group (11.00 am until 12.00 noon – days to be confirmed for 2023)
- Exercise classes (11.00 am until 12.00 noon- days to be confirmed for 2023)
- Music therapy
- Board games
- A weekly quiz
- Movie afternoons
They also prepare, cook, chill, and freeze food to sell to people who come around the table and deliver to people who are unable to come in if they are infirm.
For more information please contact:
Alison on 07500 148278
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org