Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst!

Old Armchair

Published: 24/11/2021

All our homes have buildings insurance, but this doesn’t cover anything which is the tenant’s responsibility to maintain, like decoration, carpets or your kitchen appliances.  No one wants to think about things going wrong, but if you did have a kitchen fire, or if you were flooded, how would you replace damaged items?

There is home contents insurance specifically designed for housing association tenants, like the Scottish Federation of Housing Association’s Diamond Insurance, or Thistle Tenant’s Risks.  For more information on home contents insurance, click the links below:

Diamond Insurance

Thistle Tenants Risks

We do recommend that all our tenants have home contents insurance, just in case.

About Us

  • Healthy Happy Homes
  • Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
  • get texthelp Browsealoud
  • Happy to Translate
  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Digital Participation Signatory
  • Cyber Essentials Certified