Fee-Free Bank Accounts
Millions of bank customers across Britain stand to benefit by hundreds of pounds as nine major banks launch fee-free basic bank accounts from 1 January.
- Barclays – Barclays Basic Current Account
- Santander – Basic Current Account
- NatWest – Foundation Account
- Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland) – Foundation Account
- The Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland) – Foundation Account
- RBS England & Wales – Basic Account
- HSBC – Basic Bank Account
- Nationwide – FlexBasic
- Co-operative Bank – Cashminder
- Lloyds Banking Group (including Halifax and Bank of Scotland brands) – Basic Account
- TSB – Cash Account
- National Australia Bank Group (including Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale brands) – Readycash Account
The accounts will be available to anyone who doesn’t already have a bank account, is ineligible for a standard current account or who can’t use their existing account due to financial difficulty.