East Lothian can be very proud of its people – local residents have volunteered in huge numbers to join Community Resilience Teams. Below are some examples of the amazing work these teams have been doing:
- Walking dogs, collecting prescriptions, and doing supermarket runs for anyone shielding
- Collecting and distributing food and essentials donated by local companies
- Cooking and delivering meals across the county
- Providing emergency help for anyone who has run out of food or other essentials
- Delivering craft supplies to keep children and adults entertained
- Making up ‘scrub bags’ for NHS workers
- Setting up ‘Whatsapp’ emergency response teams
- And a lot more
If you would like to know what support is available in your area, or if you would like to volunteer, please contact your local Community Council for more information.
We’ve also heard that local residents, including at least one of our tenants are 3D printing medical supplies for NHS and Care Home workers!
(photos provided by George Robertson, Dunbar Community Council)