Running a Business from Home

If you want to apply to run a business from your home, please go to My Home.

Your home is registered for council tax as residential accommodation. If you want to run a business from your home you must apply to us for permission, and bear in mind that it could affect the council tax you have to pay.

Please remember that if your application requires further documentation (eg: planning permission or an application to make alterations to the property), you will need to submit these to us before we can process your application.  You can also do this in My Home, by using the Document Upload feature.

Some of our properties are located in private developments. In many cases, the Deed of Conditions for private developments states that you cannot run a business from your home. Your Housing Officer will have let you know at your sign-up if the Deed of Conditions for your development prevents you from running a business from home.


  • Healthy Happy Homes
  • Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
  • Happy to Translate
  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Digital Participation Signatory
  • Cyber Essentials Certified